Tuesday, February 7, 2012

we have a date!!!!

Woo hoo!!! Gastric Sleeve was approved, and I officially have a surgery date:

April 4!!

Holy crap. April 4…

That’s coming up.




We’re moving on March 1st, which is awesome, but that means I need to have the house put together BY April 1st (what a cruel April fool’s joke). Plus, my sister’s baby shower is on March 31, and I am helping plan that.. That is going to be fun!!

I’ve been hearing a lot of people talk in my ear about the speed of which I’m going through this process. I mean, I don’t know if it’s right or wrong, but I find it hard to believe that a team of doctors, and surgeon who’s study weight loss surgery for years, would just throw me to the wolves and rush me through.

It’ll be 4 months since my first appointment when I have the surgery. Im excited that I’m having it, but I also understand the risk of it going so quickly. Then again, I also understand the cons to waiting 9-12 months.

Everybody is different. There are people in this program that have been doing it for 8 months, and they aren’t even seeing the surgeon yet! I mean, I know the doctors know what they are doing, and trust their system.


That being said, I need to get my butt moving even more and get down to business… This is go time, and I’m SOOO ready for it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really think that only you can decide when anything in your life is right for you. The timing just depends on how things work out. I'm praying for the surgery to go smoothly and a healthier life for you.

    ReplyDelete